Required Documents


New Student Enrollment Information


WHO can enroll?

·         All students of qualifying age living within the boundaries of Browsnboro ISD are eligible for public education in this school district.

·         Students who are 5 years old on Sept. 1 may enroll in kindergarten.

·         For pre-kindergarten or Headstart enrollment information, contact campus.


WHERE & HOW to enroll?

The enrollment process begins online and ends with a brief visit to the child's campus. Families are asked to contact their school office to make an appointment to complete the enrollment process. Campus office hours are 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

If you are unsure about which school your child should attend, please contact the administration office.

WHEN should I enroll?

Each year, new student enrollment at the campus begins the first Monday in August (unless otherwise indicated by the campus). New students may enroll anytime during the school year. Families are encouraged to begin the enrollment process online.

WHAT do I bring?

Parents will be required to provide the following documents when enrolling their children for school:

1.    Parent/guardian’s photo identification, such as a driver’s license.

2.    Proof of residency within the school attendance zone.

3.    Child’s birth certificate or other documents suitable as proof of the child’s identity.

4.    Child’s immunization record.

5.    Copy of the records from the school most recently attended by your child. If you have the withdrawal form from your child’s previous school, please supply that for enrollment also.

6.    Child’s Social Security card.


Proof of Residency

At the time of registration, the parent, guardian, or other person having lawful control of the student under order of a court must present proof of residency in the District as required by law.

Initial Enrollment

The District may investigate residency as necessary to verify that the parent/guardian currently resides in the District with the present intention to remain (TEC Ch. 25). The parent/guardian will provide two documents from the following groups:


Group A
(1 document from this group)

Group B
(1 document from this group)

  • Social Security letter/check
  • Voter registration card
  • Food stamps
  • Income tax return
  • Driver's license
  • State ID

Utility bill:

  • Electric
  • Gas
  • Water
  • No cell phone bills


Lease agreement with landlord contact

Closing statement on home



Transfer Students

Non-Resident Students must complete and submit an approved transfer request. Contact the campus office for details.

Verification of Residency Information

In accordance with law, the District may make reasonable inquiries to determine whether the student is a resident of the District. Based on an individual’s circumstance, the District may grant exceptions to the requirement to produce a document listed above. When required by law, the District will waive the requirement to prove residency in the District boundaries.


Proof of a student’s residency will be waived under the following circumstances:

When the student or the student’s parent or guardian is a participant in the attorney general’s address confidentiality program for victims of family violence, sexual assault, or stalking. The District must accept a substitute post office box address designated by the attorney general if it is presented by a parent or student participating in the program.

When the student is homeless as defined by law. [See FDC.]