IT’S BACK!!! After a one year hiatus due to lack of funds, the Brownsboro ISD Education Foundation Grant Patrol returned on Tuesday, February 18th in a huge way! This year’s Teacher Grant Program was funded by its own BISD district employees who chose to give back to their own community, their own schools, and more importantly, their own students. By doing so, their donations funded 23 out of 42 teacher initiated grants for the 19-20 school year, making it a very competitive process and the largest to date with awarded grants totalling over $21,000.
This year’s recipients included:
- Elementary counselors Rebecca Garlington (BES) and Ami Patterson (CES) received grant money to purchase Calm-Down Kits for each classroom on their campuses so that students are able to use coping mechanisms to help calm their anxieties and communicate effectively.
- Daphne Earl, computer lab teacher at Brownsboro Elementary, was awarded a grant to implement a Starfall computer based program which supports all academic subjects through technology.
- Robin Baker, Anna Maples and Tim Fisher, teachers at Horizons Campus, received a grant to purchase an Apple TV to target student expected behaviors and character traits.
- Ashcraft, music teacher at Chandler Elementary, will use her grant to purchase new sound equipment to improve the current music program.
- Scott Williams, science teacher at Brownsboro Intermediate, was awarded a grant for a field trip to the Perot Museum.
- Katie Foster, Yearbook teacher at Brownsboro Junior High, received a grant to purchase a WiFi enabled SD card that will instantly upload pictures as they are taken as well as a portable microphone when conducting interviews.
- Courtney Elmore and Kayla Goodson, CATE teachers at Brownsboro High School, will use their grant to provide students with flexible seating options in their classes.
- Jaime Davis, grade teacher at Chandler Intermediate, was awarded a grant to implement a WATCH D.O.G.S. program encouraging fathers and male role models opportunities to positively influence students.
- Allie Bierig, Kallie Murphy, Ashley Harrison, Chelsea Holcomb, and Michelle Carter, second grade teachers at Brownsboro Elementary, received grant funds to implement a student reward system that will teach students financial responsibility.
- Melissa Barrett, Assistant Principal at Chandler Elementary, was awarded a grant to purchase equipment creating a Bear Den campus center for future parent & family activities.
- Patricia Cleveland, Brownsboro Elementary special education teacher, will use her grant to purchase iPads for her students to increase independent use of technology.
- Pruitt, Reid, Pagitt, Calhoun, Beebe, 1st grade teachers at Chandler Elementary, received a grant to purchase pencil grips with the intent of improving fine motor skills in handwriting of 1st graders.
- Jamey Jackson, Whitney Bishop, Kayla Ballard, Laura Robertson, Nicole Hale, 1st grade teachers at Brownsboro Elementary were awarded a grant to purchase iPads enabling students to share their daily classroom work with parents through the SeeSaw Application.
- Callie Meyer and Heather Cox, prekindergarten teachers at Brownsboro Elementary, will use their grant to purchase educational games that serve as formative assessments.
- Tyler Martin, Assistant Principal, Tracey Barrentine and Shannon Chapman, science teachers at Brownsboro Junior High were awarded a grant to purchase a water station for students to refill water bottles in hopes of helping increase water consumption throughout their day.
- Stephanie Parker, Joann Conklin, Kaylynn Trevillion, Janet Kiker, Nicole Swearingen, Kindergarten teachers at Chandler Elementary, will use their grant to purchase sensory tables and bins that will strengthen fine motor skills.
- Shelly Fulgham, Special education teacher at Brownsboro Elementary, received a grant to implement supplemental math support for struggling students.
- Kaitlyn Johnson at Chandler Elementary, will use her grant for educational math resources that students can check-out that aim to increase parental involvement by providing parents a resource that aids in student success.
- Amanda Thompson and Autumn Fenner, Physical education teachers at Brownsboro Elementary, were awarded a grant that will allow for the purchase of five gym safety mats to be used during physical activities.
- Caitlin Rook and Christin Latus, Science teachers at Brownsboro High School, will be using their awarded grant to purchase 3D pens that will enable their students to create 3D models in their Anatomy & Physiology courses.
- Tonya Thompkins, 4th grade science teacher at Brownsboro Intermediate, received a grant to purchase the All Science Penguin curriculum to support and supplement instruction.
- Katie Foster and Matt Godwin, science teachers at Brownsboro Junior High, will use their awarded grant to purchase interactive science station labs to engage students with STAAR preparation.
- Michele Hopson, reading teacher at Brownsboro Junior High, was awarded a grant to purchase BlueTooth enabled keyboards for iPads to enhance student learning while using Read 180 software.
If you or your business/organization would like to contribute to the BISD Education Foundation, please contact:
Brad Robertson & Rita Gray
Phone: (903) 852-3701