Our boys basketball team will play a playoff warm up game vs. Arp Saturday Feb. 18th 8:00 PM @ UT-Tyler.
The boys basketball Bi-District playoff game will be vs. North Lamar Tuesday Feb. 21st 7:00 PM @ Royse City High School. We will be the visitors. Adults $4 Students $3. Passes honored are 13-4A, 14-4A, THSCA, TABC and Senior Citizens.
Read More »
Brownsboro Athletics are inviting all Bear fans to join us in honoring the 1967 Class A Boys State Basketball Championship Team this Friday night February 10th during halftime of the Brownsboro Bears vs Van Vandals basketball game as this is the 50th anniversary for the Championship. There will also be a reception for the team and their families beginning at 5:30. Spread the word and we hope to see you there!
Read More »
1. Encouraging Parental Involvement and Training, Jana Sherman, Carrie Ham; This grant for head start students’ parents/guardians will bring the parents to campus and assist them in learning how they can participate in the preparation of their students through workbooks, tutoring math skills, and interaction with the teachers.
2. Build Those Science Technology Engineering Mathematics (STEM) Skills, Kathryn Dixon; this project for Pre-Kindergarten students will introduce science, technology, mathematics—even engineering—to students at their young age.
3. Lego-Mania Wall, Julie Henry; Pre-K through 3rd grade. Students who have the benefit of a Lego-Mania Wall in their school learn many skills including out of the box thinking, hand/eye coordination, and cooperation skills as well as having FUN while learning.
4. Setting the Stage for STEM—Team One, Kelli Eaton, Sarah Jones; This team of teachers are creating a STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) program to reach students who are served in Responses to Intervention. This program is designed to increase READING and math comprehension skills through ‘hands on’ materials that students use to create and design scenarios.
5. Setting the Stage for STEM—Team Two, Ann Patterson, Trista Thomison;’ Students in Kindergarten through the 3rd grade will be part of the creation of this team of teachers’ program also in STEM and reach students who are served in the Responses to Intervention.
6. Science is Important…Let’s Make it FUN!, Lara Cawthon, Lynnetta Bragdon, Emily Nix, Jodi Padgett, Chelsea Holcomb; With this grant, the second-grade team of teachers will have an outdoor weather station installed. The weather station will allow the students to observe, measure, and make predictions of the weather. This will be available to all Brownsboro Elementary students.
7. Predator and Prey: Owl Pellets Lab, Tonya E. Tompkins; The pellets from owls will be observed and studied by the students; the bones of the prey will be studied and positioned in science and discovery exercises.
8. Engineering Exploration Though Lego Robotics, Beth Bragdon; This teacher’s program will increase the number of participants in engineering and robotics. To increase the Junior High interest, involvement and fun learning, robotic creation and perhaps competitions will be implemented.
Read More »